IF YOU HAVE COMMERCIAL INSURANCE:
- Contact your insurance company to understand all of the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
- Numerous factors, such as type of plan, co-pay, co-insurance, deductible, out-of-pocket maximums, provider network and other limitations, will affect your financial responsibility to a hospital.
- The prices reflected on this site do not include charges for the physician or other professional fees, such as pharmacy, diagnostic imaging or lab work.
- The prices reflected on this site do not include any negotiated discounts between your insurance company and the hospital.
IF YOU HAVE MEDICARE:
Medicare has many different parts, and not everyone has the same type of Medicare coverage. Medicare will pay for many of your healthcare expenses but not all of them.
- Special rules apply if you have employer group health insurance coverage through your job or a spouse’s job.
- If you have a supplemental health insurance policy, it may cover some costs that Medicare does not cover.
- The best way to be sure of what your Medicare plan covers is to call 1-800-MEDICARE, or visit the website at www.mymedicare.gov.
IF YOU HAVE MEDICAID:
- Contact your local Medicaid office at 1-888-544-7996, or visit the Louisiana Department of Health to determine all the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
- Generally, Medicaid recipients are not responsible for any portion of the bill.
IF YOU ARE UNINSURED:
- Contact the hospital, and ask about its payment policies.
- As required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), hospitals have a written financial assistance policy that includes eligibility criteria, the basis for calculating charges and the method for applying for financial assistance.
- Contact your hospital to determine if you meet the criteria for financial assistance.